Research Update #5

I ran the diseased state of PD in PLAS on Thursday of week 7  and 8 and got some species showing ideal behavior that I expected. For example, the level of apoptosis was exponentially increased after increasing the amount of pro-inflammatory agents. But some species such as IL-beta exhibited odd behavior in diseased state. I expected it to be increased but it was decreased in the test.  This may be due to the NF-kB model.

[Read more…]

Research Update #4

On Monday of Week 6, I struggled with fixing assigned values for constant rates so that species behave as expected in normal state. Some species still behaved oddly.  It was due to my misunderstanding when I wrote equations on PLAS. So I had to go over whole cell designer and PLAS model to fix. I spent most of week 6 fixing that problem. It required lot of time to examine whole model.

[Read more…]