End of Summer Research

Hey All,

I have finished the work up of this summer’s research, and the results look great. The data shows a somewhat Guassian curve, which is what we were hoping for. These results show that there is an optimal mixture of salt and silver nanospheres that creates higher intensity signals. From here, I will continue this project throughout my senior year, with the hopes of testing on actual art samples by the end of the year. I have now tested different pigments, and will move on to known paint samples. I’m very excited to continue this research because of the promising results that were obtained this summer.

Thanks to everyone who made this research opportunity possible. I learned a lot about research in the field of chemistry. This experience will be vital in my development as a scientist and my future career. I’d like to thank the the Cummings Memorial fund and Dr. Kristin Wustholz especially for making this research project possible. I’d also like to thank Lindsay Oakley for all of her help obtaining spectra over the summer.  I hope everyone has had a great summer and is ready to start the fall semester.

Thanks for reading,

Stephen

1. Jessica Jenkins says:

I’m so glad that your project worked out and you are on the road to success. I wish you the best of luck in your field!