An attempt to summarize

I have no idea how to go about summarizing the research I did this summer. I’ve already spent a great deal of time explaining what I’ve learned and how this summer has impacted me in my other posts. So how should I focus this, my final one? Should I focus on the people I met while in Ireland?

Or maybe I should talk more about the amazing places I was lucky enough to explore.

Then again, there are always those ancient places I was so thrilled about seeing in the first place.

Dun Aengus, on the Aran Islands

Though I was also thrilled by the discoveries I never expected to make.

The fairy tree on the Hill of Tara

But, ultimately, I think the best way to summarize this phenomenal, life-changing summer is to focus on what I’m taking away. I’m going to return to Ireland, some day. Because though I was able to answer a lot of questions about how Ireland connects itself to its mythological background, still more questions developed. I have already gone back and re-read my previous blog posts a few times, because it seems so incredible to me that I actually did what I did and learned what I learned. I’m incredibly thankful that I was given the opportunity to do this, not only for the sake of what I created and what I’m still creating (I’m in the process of writing the novella I had intended, and have created a Christmas deadline for myself), but for the inspiration this summer has given me. I have so many solid ideas of what I want to do now, how I want to spend a majority of my life. And had it not been for this scholarship and this summer, none of that would have been possible.