Start of the Summer

After a few weeks of settling in, I think I’ve finally gotten into the groove of things. The summer started out with a broken computer, which was unfortunate because it meant the data from the muscle staining wasn’t able to be measured with our old computer program. However, we got a new computer last week, so I’ve spent the past week learning how to use the new data collection program and setting up a new template. Other than that, everything is going pretty smoothly. We got new antibodies for some of the fiber types, which will hopefully make the staining of the muscles more effective. Lately, I’ve been staining the Soleus control muscles, which has been going reasonably well.