The Long Road Ends

At the end of July, I had to take a break from working on my Fellowship project in order to work as a Resident Program Advisor (RPA) for the NIAHD Pre-collegiate Program in Early American History.  That was a fun and rewarding experience, but I am glad to have returned to Fairfield Plantation to finish my project.  This past week I focused on placing the finishing touches on my analysis of lithic artifacts at Fairfield.  In particular, I worked on creating digital maps to illustrate my findings as well as final analyses that will hopefully be published on the Fairfield Foundation webpage in the near future.

However, even though I have completed my Chappell Fellowship project, it is important to remember that my work can easily be continued.  I hope to return to Fairfield in the future to continue analyzing and expanding my lithic study.  In addition, I plan to keep teaching other aspiring archaeologists the skills that I have acquired during my fellowship.  All in all, I am excited to finish my project, but I am looking forward to expanding it and refining it down the road.

My mentor and I backfilling a test unit in the field.