Final Post!

Well the end of the summer is officially here, and with it the end of my research. If you’re interested in my final product, please take a look at my article attached! However, if there is one thing I have learned during this summer, it is that research is a living and breathing entity. While I have finally compiled all of my summer’s work into one single paper, I have no doubt that I will continue to work on my original hypothesis that the Laudatio Turiae acts as a bridge between the archaic customs of the Roman Republic and the burgeoning culture of the Roman Empire; it illuminates the changes the Romans were undergoing by highlighting the evolutions of the Latin language and marital customs. I intend to search further into the legal world of wills and the structure of Roman marriages among other topics that my research has carried me towards. It has been an incredibly rewarding experience both in terms of the research I was able to accomplish and the knowledge I gained about the article writing process!    LT Essay Draft 2