Robert Boyd: Third Post

It took and extra week for me to create this film. While I was able to capture the footage of the red tailed hawk in one morning. I had to learn how to attract the aquatic animals of the crim dell to my camera. Using a combination of dead fish, and raw chicken feet, I was eventually able to lure several turtles and types of fish in front of my camera. On the downside, it turns out the Crim Dell is full of poison ivy, so I currently very itchy and unsightly rashes behind each of my knees.

I have been getting much better footage of people using parks around campus. Since the parks research lab is ultimately about the benefit of parks to people, it is important that I actually get footage of people, not just animals (even though animals are much more fun and more relaxing to film). Aside from this, I have spent much of my time editing a short film for my parks lab. This film is a short skit showing the process by which a park space can be prescribed to an individual. The film is too large to upload to this post. Luckily I was also able to create a youtube channel for the parks research lab this past week, where I have put most of the videos I have created so far. Once I upload the video of the skit to the youtube channel, I will be able to link to it in my next post.

1. mephillips17 says:

Hey Robert! Your filming is amazing. I am truly in awe of how you capture the behavior and personality of the wildlife we have around campus. In this video, I was wondering specifically how you were able to film the red tailed hawk from multiple vantage points. Catching the squirrel happened so quickly, and yet you didn’t miss a moment of it!