Sucesses and failures

The last time I posted, I wrote about my problems with IPO7 and TRB1. I picked apart my procedure and tried to figure out where I was going wrong. After a few tweaks (and crossed fingers) I finally got a clear western blot exposure. The two replicates I have seem to suggest that TRB1 interacts in vitro with IPO7. The GFP trapping that went alongside this trial reinforces the accuracy of the blots.

However, along with this success, I have been met with even more problems. Switching focus to IPO alpha 1, I have had nothing but failure in my results. Unlike before, I am unable to pinpoint where I am going wrong. I have a couple of hunches so I will proceed from there. I feel as though somehow my GFP trapping is not working as well as it used to. I am going to use an older sample and test it with IPOa1, just to see whether it is the GFP trapping or the western blot phase of the procedure.

1. Wow your research seems really interesting! I definitely get the feeling of not being able to pinpoint where you are going wrong in an experiment-it can be so frustrating sometimes, but I believe in you!!
    In what ways are you planning on moving forward with IPO7?