Answers Lead to More Questions

This summer I told myself that the most important thing I could do was figure out how to be confused about something because when it comes to research, if questions aren’t asked then you will never fully get the answers that you want.

Up to this point this summer I have been doing much of the same things that I was working on in the Spring, using a flow tank to replicate filter-feeding in a preserved fish and then watching the slow motion video to analyze each and every particle that enters the mouth. Each and every time we would do an experiment we would ask if what we were doing was applicable to the real fish and what we could do better. Each of these questions gave us answers, and those answers either propelled us in a new direction or caused us to go back and redo something.

That being said I finally have a experimental protocol written that is both a lot of work, but also worth it because it is both interesting to be but will also help relate other projects going on in Dr. Sanderson’s lab and will be used to help her future research.

just 1 of the 240frames per second that I will be analyzing

just 1 of the 240 frames per second that I will be analyzing the rest of the summer.