It’s a wrap!

Hello fellow researchers and creators,

This will most likely be my last post, and it is with great regret that I see the summer end. However, my time has been tremendously productive and without the Charles Center grant, I would not have been able to dedicate as much time as I did on the preparation of my documentary. Things are going to go really fast from now on. I booked the plane tickets for Mexico yesterday and we will be landing in Morelia on January 3rd and we will leave on the 15th. The production plan as of today is to visit three different colonies (El Rosario, Sierra Chincua and Cerro Pelon) and spend as much time as possible with the locals of the area. Ryan is taking care of booking and renting the equipment he needs, and I am working on my upcoming interviews. We are still struggling with numbers, but I believe my Honors Thesis Grant might help in solving that aspect. I must say this is quite a nerve racking period for me, as these first few interviews will decide of the future and look of the overall film. This upcoming will mark the beginning of the production stage; goodbye pre-production! How exciting.

Starting Monday I hopefully will have a couple of pictures of our first encounter with Professor Brower to post on the blog.

fall_prairie010

Professor Brower with a monarch butterfly.