Starting my independent project

This week, I have started my first trial of my independent project. As a reminder, I am trying to determine if pseudophosphatase, MK-STYX is reducing stress granule formation via the autophagy (cell recycling pathway). To tackle this question, I have to culture mammalian cells, transfect the cells with the different DNA plasmid conditions,  induce and inhibit the autophagy pathway via pharmaceutical drugs, fix the cells, and examine the cells under the fluorescence microscope.  This week I am starting my first trial of my experiment looking at the results of added no drug and the autophagy inhibitor drug. Thus far, I have cultured and transfected mammalian cells with my different DNA plasmid conditions. Later in the week, I will add autophagy inhibitor drug, fix the cells, and examine the cells using fluorescence microscopy. I am excited to see preliminary results of this experiment.

1. amzhang says:

It looks like you have a strong grasp on your project! How have your trials been running? Has it been going smoothly?

*