Week 6 of RAM Operations

Hello all! It has been a busy couple of weeks. The last clinic of the summer is coming up and we are all very excited as we prepare for our journey to Brownsville; Laredo; San Juan; and Mission,  Texas.

This will be my first clinic that I will be running an area solely on my own, and I am very excited. We be in Texas much longer than we have for any other clinic. I will be running patient registration while we are in Texas for Operation Lone Star, and possibly also working in our vision lab creating glasses. We will be staying a total of five days, and during that time we will be working with the National Guard.

These last few weeks have been very informative, and I’ve learned the processes under which RAM operates, as well as a few survival skills such as CPR training and learning how to suture, and how to be prepared in situations we proper tools are not available. This internship has been an amazing experience so far, and I can’t wait to see what Texas brings.

It will be a busy few weeks, but I have no doubt that it will be as rewarding as all the previous clinics.