Week 7 at the National Assembly for Wales

It’s my last week at my internship! I feel like I blinked and it’s over, I really don’t know how this happened. This week has just been all about wrapping up loose ends. I finally finished my research on homelessness and I’m incredibly excited for the end result; now that I’ve finished the preliminary work, the homelessness white paper can begin to be assembled. The work I’ve done and the eventual paper gives me the chance to say I’m published, at least in terms of doing most of the research for an important government publication, which is so exciting! It’s amazing that I get the experience of having done the work for a paper that will lead to some incredibly interesting and ground-breaking policy being implemented and I’m very proud of what I was able to accomplish with that.

I also attended my last sessions of First Minister’s Questions and plenary debates, which was very bittersweet. Going to those sessions is such a fascinating way to see a government in action and especially after having had the chance to do important research and draft questions for the prevalent issues that are tackled in plenary, I have really grown to love my weekly experiences in the chamber. I also love the people I have met and worked with over the course of my internship and acknowledging that I might never see them again is a hard thing to do. Hopefully the memories I’ve made here and the impression I’ve left are lasting – my experiences and opportunities are certainly incredibly memorable and I am so thrilled that I was able to have such a unique adventure in Wales!

*