Final Update: Summary

This summer was a wonderful experience. I was fortunate enough to design my own study. At first, I was under the impression that this job would feel just as such—a job. However, I began to quite like the process. Now, as this summer research experience is coming to a close, I find myself looking forward to perpetuating my study.

I ran approximately twenty participants this summer. The end goal is to run 150 people. I am so anxious to analyze the data. Be that as it may, one thing that I have learned this summer is that research takes time and patience. This research experience has also granted me the opportunity to become more proficient in very valuable skills. I would consider the most advantageous skill I learned this summer to be the ability to pay close attention to detail. It is imperative for a researcher to be attentive and diligent, otherwise, their research is very prone to inconsistencies.

I plan on furthering my research this Fall semester. I look forward to applying my newfound knowledge that I acquired this summer and I am eager to learn more.

*