Summary Post

The opportunity I’ve had to conduct independent research this summer has been incredible. I’ve loved searching though the archives of William and Mary and creating a resource that will hopefully be helpful to the greater college community. I’m excited that my research is relatively new, topical, and specifically interesting to my school. It’s been challenging to have the responsibility to manage my own time and conduct my research alone, but it has also helped me hone my skills. Despite the challenges, I’ve been thrilled to hear that several members of the William and Mary community are interested in reviewing and learning from my work. The next steps in the process include sharing my findings with others at William and Mary and refining my paper to submit it for possible publication. I cannot wait to share my work with William and Mary and see the further research that other William and Mary scholars choose to conduct on this topic. I’d like to thank the team at Special Collections at Swem Library for all their assistance. Most of all, I’d like to sincerely thank my project adviser, Professor Benes and the Charles Center for my amazing opportunity this summer.

*