It’s true, I’ve been putting off this post. In fact, for the last three days, I’ve sat with just that first sentence blinking at me from an otherwise blank document. It has seemed lately like tying up one loose end just makes another. The wiki and research narrative have especially been hard to call finished. But it’s time to stop dragging my feet, and to take a stab at summing up my summer research project.
In previous posts, I talked about working on the new MANOS team wiki site. I thought I’d devote a little more time to singing the praises of the wiki in this installment, since it has turned out to be such a useful and user-friendly system.
Apologies for the hiatus, I’ve spent the last few weeks immersed in data and at the beach, with little time for blogging either way. This means, of course, that it’s time for another data update!
After last week’s monstrous data post, I thought I’d take a break to talk a little about how I got involved in summer research in the first place. I think this is important because, to me, as an underclassman, the whole idea of ‘conducting research’ was shrouded in mystery and confusion.
I’m now several weeks into the data analysis portion of the ride. Choosing to focus on a variety of factors that could have an impact on communication has meant choosing to analyze several different types of data. While at times the different programs and kinds of data felt overwhelming, overall I think I’ve been happier to be able to mix it up a little from day to day.