The Charles Center offers a number of funding opportunities to support research during the summer for William and Mary undergraduates. Unless otherwise noted, all awards are $3000 and projects must be for seven full-time weeks of undergraduate research. To be eligible, applicants must be continuing students (i.e., not graduating seniors) in good academic standing. Recipients will blog about their research at least five times and present their work at a summer scholarship event in the fall of 2013.
Summer 2014 applications are due March 12, 2014. Please see the Charles Center Summer Scholarships website for more information on applications, eligibility, and FAQs.
The following sources fund these awards:
- Biomathematics Summer Scholarships
- Chappell Fellowships
- Charles Center Summer Research Award (funded by Frank Batten, W. Edward Bright ’78, the estate of Helen Y. Cohen, Gale and Steve Kohlhagen ’69, Suzanne Louis ’71, the estate of Dewey Renick, Richard ’52 and Nancy Sayford, W&M Class of 1943, W&M Class of 1968, and the W&M Parents’ Association)
- The Christian-Ewell Scholarship
- The Christopher Wren Association Scholarship
- Cummings Memorial Summer Scholarships for Research in the Sciences and Mathematics
- Harriet Mayor Fulbright Summer Fellowship in Peace Studies
- The Jacobs Scholarship
- The James Reilly Undergraduate Summer Scholarship
- Lemon Project Summer Research Grant
- Sharpe and Community Studies Research Grant
- WMSURE Summer Grant