The Charles Center offers a number of funding opportunities to support research during the summer for William and Mary undergraduates. Unless otherwise noted, all awards are $3000 and projects must be for seven full-time weeks of undergraduate research. To be eligible, applicants must be continuing students (i.e., not graduating seniors) in good academic standing. Recipients will blog about their research at least five times and present their work at a summer scholarship event in the fall of 2013.
Summer 2013 applications were due March 13, 2013. Please see the Charles Center Summer Scholarships website for more information on applications, eligibility, and FAQs.
Click the name of the scholarship to read a brief description.
- W&M Honors Fellowships * These fellowship recipients are blogging here.
- Biomathematics Summer Scholarships
- Chappell Fellowships
- Charles Center Scholarships for International or Domestic Research
- The Christian-Ewell Scholarship
- The Christopher Wren Association Scholarship
- Cummings Memorial Summer Scholarships for Research in the Sciences and Mathematics
- H. Stewart Dunn Civil Liberties Fellowships - application review starts April 24
- Harriet Mayor Fulbright Summer Fellowship in Peace Studies
- Lawrence and Jean Irwin Memorial Internship Scholarship / Bertha Taylor Scholarships for Public Affairs Internships
- Lemon Project Summer Research Grants
- The J. Edward Grimsley Fellowship for Journalism
- The Jacobs Scholarship
- The James Reilly Undergraduate Summer Scholarship
- The Llanso-Sherman Scholarship
- Louis Catron Scholarship for Artistic Development
- Kraemer Scholarship
- The Virginia Crouch Memorial Research Grant