Woody Internship in CW!!! (Intro post)

Hello all,

My name is Emma Merrill, and I am extremely excited to be a recipient of the Woody Internship in Museum Studies for this summer! I will be working for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation here in Williamsburg, hopefully learning more about 18th century art history, museum curation/exhibition, and doing a little research in the process.

I am a double major in History and Public Policy here at the College, so this internship is a dream come true! I am hoping to be able to connect some of the lessons I learn from this internship and American history of the 18th century to modern national/international policy issues…not exactly sure how that is going to go at this point, but I’m going to give it a shot.

I also am a member of the William and Mary Women’s Swim Team (2016 CAA Conference Champions!!!) and will thus be training a lot over the summer with the team as well. I look forward to being able to swim in the morning and work at the museum for most of my other free time! Finally, I am a Weingartner Fellow for the Weingartner Initiative for Deliberative Democracy and will also be working part time on our chosen topic of mass shootings over the summer with my fellow WIDD colleagues. It’s going to be a busy summer, but I definitely wouldn’t have it any other way. I look forward to updating you all on my progress on the internship, WIDD research, and of course, swimming!